A congressional hearing on the regulation of digital asset spot markets is scheduled to take place on June 6, 2023. The hearing will be held by the House Agriculture Committee, which has jurisdiction over the Commodity Futures Trading Commission (CFTC).
The hearing will focus on the potential risks and benefits of regulating digital asset spot markets, as well as the best way to do so.
Witnesses at the hearing will include representatives from the CFTC, the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), and the Treasury Department.
The hearing comes at a time when the cryptocurrency industry is facing increasing scrutiny from regulators. The SEC has taken a number of enforcement actions against cryptocurrency companies, and the CFTC has issued guidance on how it will regulate certain aspects of the industry.
The hearing is an opportunity for lawmakers to learn more about the digital asset spot market and to consider the best way to regulate it. The outcome of the hearing could have a significant impact on the future of the cryptocurrency industry.
Here are some additional details about the hearing:
- The hearing will be held on June 6, 2023, at 10:00 AM ET.
- The hearing will be held in Room 1300 of the Longworth House Office Building.
- The hearing will be livestreamed on the House Agriculture Committee website.
Here are some of the questions that lawmakers are likely to ask at the hearing:
- What are the potential risks and benefits of regulating digital asset spot markets?
- What is the best way to regulate digital asset spot markets?
- What role should the CFTC play in regulating digital asset spot markets?
- What role should the SEC play in regulating digital asset spot markets?
- What role should the Treasury Department play in regulating digital asset spot markets?