Crypto News

SafeMoon Breach: Hacker to Return 80% of Funds Stolen

SafeMoon Hacker Agrees to Give Back Majority of Stolen Crypto in Recent Agreement

The cryptocurrency world is no stranger to hacks and exploits, and the SafeMoon community recently suffered a major breach that saw the hacker walk away with $8.9 million worth of BNB.

However, in a recent development, the hacker has agreed to return 80% of the stolen funds while keeping the remaining 20%.

According to an April 18 blockchain message from the SafeMoon development team, the hacker has agreed to return the majority of the funds that were taken.

The message was encoded, and it is part of the ongoing communications between the team and the hacker to resolve the issue.

This news comes as a relief to the SafeMoon community, which has been following the situation closely since the hack occurred.

While it is unfortunate that such an incident took place, the fact that the hacker is willing to return a significant portion of the stolen funds is a positive development.

It is worth noting that the hacker still retains 20% of the funds, and the SafeMoon team is continuing its efforts to recover the rest.

This ongoing situation serves as a reminder to the crypto community about the importance of maintaining strong security measures and staying vigilant against potential threats.


Ava Patel's expertise lies in creating engaging and informative content about the latest trends and opportunities in the crypto space. Her writing is known for its clarity, accuracy, and ability to convey complex concepts in a way that is accessible to both novice and advanced readers.